Open-Access Full-Text Files Surpass 2,500 Mark in T2R2!
5 Jan. 2015
■ The number of open full-text files has exceeded 2,500!
On Oct. 18th 2014, the registration of open-access full-text files surpassed the 2,500 mark. T2R2 will continue to disseminate Tokyo Tech research results to the world. We appreciate your continuing support for T2R2 system, and ask you for further cooperation in data input and file registration.
■ Dr. Daiki SATO registered the memorable 2,500th file in T2R2!
We would like to introduce Associate Professor Daiki SATO of the Materials and Structures Laboratory , who has registered the 2,500th open full-text file.
E-DEFENSE SHAKING TABLE TESTS ON A STEEL HIGH-RISE BUILDING RETROFITTED BY STEEL DAMPERS AGAINST LONG-PERIOD GROUND MOTIONS
Daiki Sato, Takuya Nagae, Hayato Ouchi, Yu Shimada, Haruyuki Kitamura, Kunio Fukuyama, Koichi Kajiwara, Takahito Inoue, Masayoshi Nakashima, Taiki Saito, Nobuo Fukuwa
Journal of Structural and Construction Engineering (Transactions of AIJ)
Vol. 76 No. 667 pp. 1639-1648
- Please summarize the applicable paper.
It is possible that high-rise buildings constructed before the 1980s may suffer significant damage in long-period ground motion. This paper verifies the actual damage that may result by using the E-Defense, the world’s largest shake table, to shake (via long-period ground motion) a specimen that is an actual-sized model of the lower portion of a high-rise building constructed in the 1980s. Moreover, this paper also indicates the reinforcement effects of a vibration control device (damper).
- What is the target audience for this paper published via the T2R2 system?
In addition to researchers in structural engineering and earthquake engineering, I hope it will be read by researchers and students in other fields.
- What research activities do you plan to conduct in the future?
There is concern that a giant earthquake will occur, such as in the Nankai Trough or the earthquakes directly hitting the Tokyo metropolitan area. Due to these circumstances, I hope to conduct research on vibration control structures and base-isolated buildings that can be used immediately following an earthquake to protect human lives and building functions.
■ If you register your full-text files in T2R2 system, there are merits such as...
- The registered files will be permanently stored and managed by the university.
- The registered files can be managed in the unified data storage.
■ If your full-text files are open to the public by T2R2 system, there are merits such as...
The articles which are registered in T2R2 can be found by search engines such as Google and Google Scholar, so the articles can be accessed by researchers all over the world, and thus the research will be widely recognized. When the full-text files are open to the public, the number of citation index may increase by gaining new readers.
■ In order to publish your full-text files in T2R2 system...
- Access T2R2 system registration site from Tokyo Tech Portal and click “Register” in Tool Box located on the left side of the screen, then click “New data entry form” to proceed to the data registration screen.
- Click “File upload”to register your full-text file, and choose “Wish to disclose”.
- Please choose “Status of copyright” for the publication registered in “File”.
- After the copyright of the publisher is checked by the office, the full-text files registered as “Wish to disclose” will be open to the public accordingly. To check the progress of the publication, please refer to the message under “File” on the data registration screen of the T2R2 system.
- T2R2 system registration tip
・You may use “New data entry wizard” in the Tool Box.
・You may designate an agent to register your article for you.
■ When you register your full-text files in T2R2 system...
- Make sure to check with your coauthors before you register if you wish to choose to open publications to outside Tokyo Tech.
- You may need to replace your files, or you may not be able to publish your files depending on the regulations of each publisher.